Language  does not define me but it is a part of me since I was a child this is important because we use language to communicate and make connections with  family and friends..etc. I speak the way I do because of how I have adapted to my environment and the way I have been taught the language as well as learning the different tones, pitches of different things. I make some abbreviations so some words to make them shorter or more humorous to make talking to someone more interesting and more personal or have an inside joke. As I said before, my language does not define me but I can define my language in the way I use it and how I use it towards someone. From the video we watched last class “who owns english ?”, well the answer was you (us). Each of us all individually own english in our own personal way and adapt to such things from our environment and habits that we get from other people. I’ve been taught Chinese when I was very young and then learnt english and french at the same time but over time the part of me that spoke Chinese drifted away from the environment that I moved into and my english and french continued to strengthen because of me using it more and more at home or at school. To this day I currently learn Chinese but am not great at it and my english is a lot stronger than my french because I use english a lot during the day and use it with my sisters, at home I would speak french to my parents and sometimes sister but I would put in some english words when I am too lazy to think of what the actual french word is.  Me and my family have some nicknames for each other and some abbreviations that translate in english. In the end I believe that language can define you in how you define it.