I think language can misrepresent by stereotypes, people might think for example that the posh British accent sounds: polite, and perceived as intelligent. Where as the cockney accent or some American accents ..etc as rude, unintelligent and loud.

People perceive different languages depending on how they are used and how they sound like, and what the accent would sound like in english. They judge the language out of a stereotype and becomes misrepresented.

In different countries there are many different languages that vary between the south, east, west and north and many idiolects come along with it. In our modern diverse world, countries become very mixed and languages come in different but similar forms from where they began. But some countries exclude the outsiders of the language that does not speak the same language to them. It can be very inclusive but also very exclusive, It is inclusive in a way because language connects people like we are connected as a class because we all speak english. But exclusive because taking away your language is like taking away a part of your identity.

One thought on “How Does Language Include/Exclude; Represent/ Misrepresent

1. I agree with you when you say that accents can be misrepresented, maybe you could talk about if you have ever experienced this? I also agree with you when you say that some countries can exclude people, I’m not sure that the reason is because they think they are superior? You could go into more detail about that statement 🙂