Through Culturama 2020 which took place over the course of Season 1, I have really grown as an individual both in terms of improving my skills but also in terms of my ability to collaborate with others. Thinking back, at the beginning of the process, I had no idea that the final product would be as rewarding as it was and that I would be able to form such close bonds and friendships by all the people who auditioned and got into my dance. It was challenging at first to follow the Covid-19 social distancing guidelines in all parts of the choreography such that I thought I would give up at one point but from the help of my partner and dance instructors here, we were able to produce a final product that we were all very proud of and happy with. There was also the challenge of getting appropriate costumes and all but I was able to order some from Tanzania which arrived just in time for our performance and the 6 months of preparation that went into the performance reaped wonderful benefits for all of us!