Activity Dragons Rugby CAS Reflection #1

LO1: – identifying your areas of strength – things that you are good at, and identifying your areas for growth – what you want to improve on, what you find challenging. You have to be self-aware and able to reflect on this

LO4: – show that you are very committed to all your CAS experiences – you have to be resilient and persevere when things get difficult or challenging

Rugby is one of my favourite sport of all time and I love playing it.  I have a lot of experience playing the game as I started when I was six over ten years ago. This has always been one of my strengths because I have played very the game for so long I am quick to react to changes and see how the game is shifting.  Another one of my strengths is that I am quick. I have worked hard on my speed for a long time and am now one of the quickest players on the pitch. These two skills combined have allowed me to become a good decision maker and I can make my own options if I don’t have any that I like. However, I often find my weakness in Rugby is tackling. Whereas I don’t mind getting hit making them is harder for me. I have never been a very physical person but I psych myself out a lot about tackling which leads to more mistakes in that area. But I have been working on it and it has improved tenfold in the last few years but it is still a mental block I will have to overcome.

This weekend I have been selected for the first 12 in our own tournament. We are the current winners and want to keep it this way. I do feel a lot of pressure as I am new to the team and am still trying to find my place. It is stressful for me as I can be quite a doubter in my own abilities and I am putting pressure on myself to play well. However, I know this tournament is the time to find my place on the team and prove myself.  I know what I can do and I can do it well as long as I keep my head screwed on right. I am nervous but I am also very excited to see what we can do as a team.