Rugby 2020-2021

LO4: – show that you are very committed to all your CAS experiences – you have to be resilient and persevere when things get difficult or challenging

LO5: – show that you are able to work collaboratively and take on all the different kinds of roles – from being a leader to compromising in groups

For me, this season of rugby is very important as it is my last for the school that I have played for since grade 2. Now 10 years later I can reflect on how I’ve improved as a player as well as a person through the hours of dedicated rugby training I have put in. This year it feels hard to say goodbye because there is almost nothing to say goodbye to with all the of the covid restrictions. Whereas I am grateful for the training and for safety, I can feel living in Singapore. It is still hard to keep motivated but by focusing on skill-based work such as passing, kick and line running. I have still been able to improve as a player. Rugby has also been a great motivator for me to keep trying and as something to look forward to each day. I know throughout the season I have definitely had improvement.

During this Covid time where the team is split into different small groups as a senior member on the team, it has allowed me to take on a leadership role that I probably would not have done if I was still in a larger group. On the team, I am often happy to just fo what others would like me too and try my best to help the team. However, due to the smaller groups, I have taken a leadership role as the most advanced and senior player in my group and it has allowed me to work on my play making abilities that I may not have got the opportunity to do so otherwise.