Marc Nair. Writing Against. The man with itchy eyes

Marc Nair is a really interesting artist, a photographer, and a poet. Coming into this session I just thought that he was going to talk about poetry and taking pictures, maybe like the last session that I had gone to talk about how he does what his profession is. Maybe he’d talk to us about some kind of inspirational story, and share his work with us. But I guess I didn’t really know what to expect, he actually talked quite a lot more than just about those two things. He talked about like the issues that he liked to address in his work. Like many of his poems where had very heavy ironic tones and sarcasm. My favorite piece of work he shared is probably the Pan-Asian one, it was really funny and in a certain way very true as well. I think what caught my attention the most throughout his whole presentation was probably the music and singing. Like he said at the beginning, he said he had an ‘itchy eye’. To me, it was like a metaphor of wanting to see more of the world. I think that this session kind of redefined what it meant to be an artist for me, it isn’t necessary to limit yourself to what types of art you do. Its possible to express yourself in any way you want to.

0 comments on “Marc Nair. Writing Against. The man with itchy eyesAdd yours →