Christina Lau. The Mouth Painter

Today we had Christina Lau come in to talk about her life, her art. We learned a lot about what its like to be disabled and kinda gave us a more in-depth understanding of what its like to become a disabled person. I think that coming into this session I already knew that she wasn’t a normal artist and that she used her mouth to paint. But I guess its a lot more interesting to find out the story behind the whole thing, learning more about her life. How she was previously a prison guard, but when she was on holiday she was in a car accident like we never know when things like this happen. Throughout the whole speech, she really focused on promoting people to keep going. Like even if things are hard on you, you shouldn’t just easily give up because of it, but rather work hard to try and accomplish more. She also talked about what its like to be a disabled person and what kind of views people hold against you. I think in Singapore, peoples view on disabled people have definitely changed in the last decade. With more people accepting it and you know more workplaces accepting disabled people. There is still lots of hope.

0 comments on “Christina Lau. The Mouth PainterAdd yours →