CAS Week 1: First Impressions of Changing The World Through Photography

LO: 1(strengths and personal goals), 2(new challenges)

This extracurricular activity focuses on creativity in taking photos. Focusing on learning how to effectively express oneself through the platform of pictures and photography. Our first sessions primarily focused on educating us on how to use a camera and bringing into consideration the technicalities of using the device. I came into this activity with a simple understanding of how photos are taken, a simple point and click. But already I was exposed to new terminologies such as aperture, f-stop, shutter speed, and ISO. Though initially, it felt quite intimidating to digest, it was explained thoroughly by David Caleb and after some time actually going out with a camera and testing variations of the settings I felt more confidence in my decision making.

Another aspect introduced to me was that photography is made with a purpose. Looking back to the amateur photography that I’ve taken on my phone, they were all quite simple, a nice looking photo, or a picture of the landscape as a way of taking down my memories and environment. But in actual fact photography could be segregated into 6 different objectives, trying to create a profound deeper and meaning towards each viewer. One initial idea I had was to create a catalog of images aiming to celebrate the successes within our school, primarily focusing on the completion of DT projects.

0 comments on “CAS Week 1: First Impressions of Changing The World Through PhotographyAdd yours →