Creativity | Activity | Service

CAS Reflections

Activity Descriptions

U-19 National Cricket

. At the age of 12 I was selected in the 30 players in the Singapore National Cricket U16 development pathway. Since I have made it through the U16 touring teams. At this point representing Singapore at the U19 level

SCC - Club Cricket

This is the cricket club I represent in the Singapore league. I have been part of the men’s league since the age of 12 playing division 6 through to the current division 1 team.

Investment Society
Our time was dedicated to learning about strategies and content to make potential investment and trading decisions.
Athletic Development Club

Our club worked in groups to collect data on Dragon’s sports teams, analyse the data gathered, and work with coaches for program implementation. The focus is to support teams in injury prevention and improve performance metrics.

Urban Propagation - Service Chair

We start new plants from seeds or vegetative cuttings for use by academic classes, other environmental initiative groups, and local service partners. We contribute to sustainability and biodiversity on campus by managing the propagation area of the 6th floor rooftop garden. We network with lots of campus stakeholders and build permaculture skills that have a long lasting impact.

U-19 National Cricket.

LO1 National U19 Cricket

LO1 - Identify their own strengths and develop areas for growth. After our recent success at the U19 Cricket World Cup division 2 qualifiers in Oman, we are moving on to the next set of qualifiers to play in the U19 Cricket World Cup hopefully. I believe reflecting on...

[LO – 5] Cricket U-19

LO -5: Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively During our fielding sessions, the entire team has been on the field together. The fielding sessions are quite intense with multifaceted drills as balls are being thrown around in many...

[LO – 2] National Cricket

Learning Outcome 2: Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process Our national squad (men's & U19) has transitioned from t20 games to the format of 50 over games. This transition has required me to make some changes to the...

1st reflection -U19 and senior team games

This page will cover all of my experiences in cricket with the u19 national set up. Currently the Men's senior team and the U19 squads are having a tournament. The mens squad and u19 squad are mixed into 3 teams and are competing against each other. We are quite...

SCC – Club Cricket

[LO – 2] SCC Cricket

The government eased restrictions which meant we were back on the field playing the SCA (Singapore Cricket Association) league. I was promoted to the senior division 1 team called SCC tigers. This meant I was playing alongside experienced players in their 20s and 30s,...

[LO – 7] Cricket Club SCC

Due to the opening of restrictions, we were able to have a session. Unfortunately, the lion's team (premier team) haven't been given the OK to start training, I had a session with the open group. During our session, we talked about how our club runs, in terms of the...

first reflection for cricket with SCC

I represent the Singapore Cricket Club. Before Covid I would be playing for the division 1 team in the Singapore league, alongside ex players for the Singapore senior team, as well as ex Australian and English university players. Now that covid struck the league games...

Investment Society

[LO – 2] Investment Society

Learning Outcome 2: Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process. We have had 3 lessons for the investment club. We have been going through slideshows in order to build our basal understanding of the world through the...

Session 1 of the Investment Society

The first session of the Investment Society was nothing like I expected it to be. I was pleasantly surprised that we got straight into learning content of background understanding of how to understand the market through the lens of an investor. Content such as: The...

Athletic Development Club

[LO – 4] End of ADC

These 2 seasons with the ADC have been great. We enjoyed ourselves as a group and grew together. We brought great change in only 2 seasons with the club. We initially planned on working with sports teams, to analyse biometric and performance data with them in order to...

[LO – 6] ADC

During our time at the club, we started with new projects in order to grow our outreach to the school. The aim of the increased outreach was to ensure that we create a fitness culture in our school. The greater aim of this was to be advocates of fitness, so we can...

[LO – 5] ADC

Learning Objective: 5 - Demonstrate the skills and recognise the benefits of working collaboratively. In ADC we worked collaboratively in our group that was creating the awareness campaign of the services we provide in our school. We split up the tasks with the group...

First session of ADC

My first session of the Athletic development club was very lighthearted and enjoyable. There was a nice environment with a small group the teachers and students. We learned our roles about which sports teams we will be working with. Aryana and I will be working the...

Urban Gardening Propagation

Urban Gardening Propagation – LO6

Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance. In the beginning of the new year, it was important to market our service to the school community. Therefore as the previous chairs my partner and I made sure to attend the activities expo by booking a booth....

[LO – 7] UG Propagation

During the month of November, our service got into full swing. Our student leadership team of the service grew from the Chairs (Avani and I) to having communications and logistic officers. We had ideas of revamping the school herb garden on the 1st floor. This would...

[LO – 4] UG Propogation

Learning Outcome 4: Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences. During the new covid regulations we were not allowed to congregate in large groups and have after school activities and service, therefore our service meetups got cancelled. Although our...

Understanding UG propagation

Urban Gardening Propagation will be the service group that I will be leading for my first year in the IB. I am very passionate to start working with the students who have chosen this service. I hope to integrate myself with the group in a seamless manner, so we can...

CAS Project Week

Project Week Reflection

LO - 3: Demonstrate how to initiate and plan a CAS experience LO - 4: Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences After we formed our groups, we needed to decide on roles. I was appointed to be the project week manager. In this role, I needed to capitalise...