NYAA

National Youth Achievement Award

ABout NYAA

NYAA aims to support young people’s development through an exciting holistic and balanced non-competitive self-development programme of voluntary leisure time activities, designed to provide our young people with a platform to develop personal qualities and skills to make a difference to themselves, their communities and the world as exceptional individuals.

GOLD AWARD

Currently Completing

48 hrs Healthy Living

60 hrs Service

36 hrs Outdoor Appreciation

Healthy Living | Service | Outdoor Appreciation

Reflection Posts

Quarterly Outdoor Appreciation Reflection #2 2022

This quarter was filled with different modes of appreciating the outdoors. My aim was to explore the outdoor opportunities to explore nature as well as various areas natural areas in Singapore. It was filled with bike rides around gardens by the bay, marina south...

Quarterly Service Reflection #2 2022

The grade 10 students left the service due to their exam leave, and in came the grade 9 students. It was great to have developed the systems and have them tested by our service members. This allowed us to continue the progression of the current systems we had in place...

Quarterly Healthy Living Reflection #2 2022

With the national side, an upcoming tournament was announced for the U-19 World Cup qualifier in Oman 2022. This had a new age cut-off which made me one of the seniors in the new squad that was devised. With the new squad, the team was more closely connected with our...

Quarterly Outdoor Appreciation Reflection #1 2021

After 2 years of not being able to travel, we were finally able to hop on a plane and head off to India. In India, we went off to the northern state of Himachal Pradesh and stayed at two hill stations Mussoorie and Dhanaulti. The change in weather was lovely and it...

Quarterly Service Reflection #1 2021

Our service is Urban Gardening Propagation. I was made chair at the service. Initially, there was some confusion about why we ran as a service, and what our purpose was. We also were unsure about the methods of how we need to plant and grow what we had planned to...

Quarterly Healthy Living Reflection #1 2021

Healthy living is an essential part of our lives. It is important that we exercise to keep our mind and body at peace. For me, my healthy living is playing cricket. Luckily during these months, we were given permission to play matches. This enabled us to put into...

Key Moments

Healthy Living

Service

Outdoor Appreciation

The NYAA Community Project

Beach Clean Up #2

This month’s beach cleanup was also quite successful as we had gained a larger group of participants—from 4 to 6—and I hope to further grow the group. Due to high tides, only some areas of the beach were exposed and we mostly collected trash near benches and areas...

Beach Clean Up #1

The beach cleanup was conducted on 31 Oct 2021. We collected 9 buckets of trash weighing approximately 12 kg in total over the course of 4 hours. Some tools, such as tongs and buckets, were provided by the CleanPod shed near the beach. I provided gloves and trash...