Culturama (Initial Reflection)

The first video I ever saw about UWCSEA was a video about Culturama. I watched while I was researching UWC schools before I had even sent out my UWC application to the German NC and fascinated by it. If was mesmerising to see the individual dances that reflected a wide variety of countries/cultures. When I found out I had gotten accepted to UWCSEA I somehow found the youtube video again and while watching it thought that I would finally get to see it in real life. What I didn’t know was that upon my arrival here I would be offered the opportunity to try out to participate in any of the dances of Culturama. I was so exited and straight away signed up for the Mexico Culturama audition, because I wanted to represent and support  my country. When I got accepted as a part of the Mexico team I was overwhelmed and supper excited about this unique opportunity.

Given that we only have 90 min a week to learn and rehearse our dance I can hope we will be able to get everything done. I know it might become challenging because I have never danced traditional mexican dances before (despite the fact that I am Mexican (; ) so I will have to make an effort for learning this new style.