May 10

From Lighthouse to PPIS #1 LO-3

Friday, 10th May 2019

I recently changed my subject, therefore, because of a clash in the timetable I had to change my service. For most of the year, I was in Lighthouse motor skills, a service that was focusing on improving the motor skills of some kids with sight/hear disabilities through activities and games organized by us. This experience has been incredible for me, I really really enjoyed it and that is why I wanted to continue my service journey with something related to kids. I got to know PPIS thanks to some of my friends that were involved in it and described it has a really good opportunity of growth. In addition, some of the people involved in the service are my friends and this made the change easier for me.

The expectations for the new service were quite high, especially because I was coming from a really good experience with the kids in Lighthouse. This afternoon I had the first session. Unfortunately, the kids were not there because the teacher that was supposed to bring them got injured. However, during the session, I had the chance to ask my friends and the teachers in charge more about the service and the kids. Even though I was new to the service, everyone was really nice to me and patiently explained what are the expectations for each session. I can definitely say I am really excited to have my first session with them next week. I am looking forward to meeting the kids and playing with them, especially because my friends told me that they love dancing and singing with them. I hope I will able to achieve the expectations and build strong relationships like the ones I had with the kids of Lighthouse.

Gilda

Posted May 10, 2019 by GILDA MARIA IDA MARSICANO in category CAS, PPIS