Blog Post on G10 Science Mock Exam:

After getting my exam paperback for this year’s science exam, I feel disappointed and feel that I could have done much better in the mock exam. This is because I feel that most of the mistakes that I made were due to minor mistakes (such as using the correct terminology) as well as calculation errors that accompanied this. 2 things I have learnt about the exam technique is the importance of using correct terminology needed in a long-response question and ensuring that I read/answer the question correctly in the exam. For example, in q5bii in paper 4, where I forgot to mention how because of the high kinetic energy that there are more chances of successful collisions. Another example, in q4ai in paper four, in which I had described the function of the artery/vein rather than describing the difference between the artery and vein’s lumen. The equation that I should have practised and memorized more was the molar mass equation. One major mistake was in the carbon cycle, where I had forgotten and misunderstood the whole cycle, hence losing marks. Another mistake that I had made was with the electromagnetic spectrum in which I had forgotten and misunderstood the question. Another mistake I made was in paper six, where I had misunderstood/forgotten the tests for c6.  In the future, the key things that I need to focus on are being aware of the correct terminology and getting more practice on certain concepts. By doing so, I would be able to prevent more mistakes and do better than what I did in this mock exam.

0 comments on “Blog Post on G10 Science Mock Exam:Add yours →