Little Fires Everywhere – ELP Post Racial Topics

What are your thoughts on some of the issues raised in the article and in the video? Are there any clear solutions? Where does responsibility lie? 

The issues raised about race was really interesting for me. It seems even if we force or encourage an ideology, we remain in our own ways. Could this be due to our upbringing or the way that we see society? Is it a potential possibility that the topic of race is so deeply ingrained in our culture/ American culture that we can’t change? If there is an opportunity to change, I believe that this starts with changing the ideologies of children. As the way we are raised becomes deeply ingrained into our beliefs, maybe it is unconsciously but it remains in our heads. In order to raise children differently, we might have to become more open minded as adults in order to allow our beliefs to easily change and shift. The responsibility lies in my opinion, with all of us. As a society we need to open our minds in order to change, but it is much harder than we think and will take a lot of time to shift an ideology.