CAS Activity Inital Reflection- Gym

For the activity portion, I have decided to reflect on my recent efforts in the gym. I have been going to the gym for the last two and a half months and I have done so as my goal is to get a better-looking physique. I have been doing a lot of research by watching youtube videos to help improve my technique and this has been effective as I have noticed an improvement in the number of reps I can perform of exercises.

My goal when I started to go to the gym was to gain 12kg of pure muscle mass. I have currently gained 8kg and I aim to keep bulking in the gym until the end of November. I think that this definitely a realistic goal as I have seen many other individuals on the internet who have been able to gain the same amount of weight in a similar time frame. I understand that everyone’s body works differently and thus I do not expect my progress to be exactly similar to other people’s. My main aim is to make sure that I am putting in my best effort with every visit to the gym. I think that this goal is important as I feel that my self-confidence used to be really low due to the fact that I was ashamed of the way my body looked. As I started going to the gym and gaining weight, many people around me noticed an immediate difference in my happiness. As my self-confidence slowly grew, I noticed that I was able to talk to more people and make new friends which have significantly improved my mental health.

Some of my strengths that have helped me do a better job in achieving this goal are my resilience and communication. Having a lot of resilience has helped me as even in moments where I feel like my body is not changing or when others make fun of my efforts to improve myself. I am able to ignore those negative thoughts and keep pushing myself forward. Communication has played an immense role in my development in the gym. I have met a whole new community of friends in the gym and everyone there has supported me to help achieve my goal. Through my ability to listen and work with others, I have been able to gain a plethora of knowledge regarding certain exercises and techniques that will help improve my time in the gym. One example of this was when my friend Fynn, who graduated last year, thought me a new grip on my bench press which has helped me increased the number of reps I can do which allows me to improve my muscle growth.

This goal is easily measurable as I can use a weighing scale to track my progress throughout the entire journey.

Below is an image of me doing my pull workout in which I work my back and biceps.