Digital Safety PSE

I think it is interesting how everyone can easily be affected by digital safety. There are risks involving viruses, sexting, online predators. Everyone who uses any form technology is subjected to harm. However, knowing so, we all continue to use technology daily. After learning about digital safety throughout this unit I’ve started to question why we rely so heavily on these devices that clearly pose very great harms. I think that the whole world has become very reliant on digital media, for this reason, it is hard to live a productive and relevant life in which you strive for success without using technology. I believe that a large part of digital safety is dependent on the actions you do, making good passwords, keeping accounts private e.t.c. At the same time, it made me think about why people would want to scam, hack and bully people online. I can’t imagine why anyone would want to such a thing, yet from a very young age, I have known that it is something that happens everywhere and could ruin someone’s life. Since a young age, I have seen the lives of celebrities and other people get ruined just because they weren’t safe online. It is crazy how a small mistake could change your life forever.