LO2: Behind the Beautiful Forevers

I decided to take part in the 2020 HS production as I had seen previous productions and was amazed by them. Also due to the fact that I am an HL theatre student, I thought this would be great exposure.

The production is a huge time commitment and since I am quite weak with managing my time, this experience will force me to manage my schedule effectively and allow me to develop skills in the same. I would not say I have taken much of a risk in this activity, however. While yes, this will force me to manage my time more effectively, I don’t think it will pose as a risk in the sense that it will affect my academics or other parts of my CAS. I enjoy theatre and plan to enjoy my time in this production and develop skills as an actor. We had our first read-through of the production text and my experiences with theatre meant that I could deliver my lines somewhat effectively. Also, the fact that I auditioned with this part made the read-through easier. I definitely intend to change the way I act this character, however,  I’m sure that after deeper research and character study I will discover new elements to the character and am excited to incorporate them into my acting.