Hopes for the New Year

I joined Sky School last year, and it immediately kindled a passion I’d never had before. I joined another refugee group that same week (Voices For Refugees) which leans more towards the advocacy side of the issue, whereas Sky School has focused on a specific part of the problem, education. Through being part of this group last year, I really felt like I was making a difference, and I came back for this year in order to continue doing so.

Last year, my first project was working with an educational foundation called Jump!. It didn’t really go anywhere – so I’m grateful that I got to experience the less fulfilling part of the process, but I’d like to avoid it for the future.

Ideally, I’ll work on small projects that need doing, until I find a larger one that fits me, in order to avoid the earlier mentioned issue. When it comes to what I hope for, but for the whole group, my main wish would be for us to get a lot further, for our pilot units to go successfully, and to hopefully have a steady fund supply.

Here’s to a great year!