Writer’s Fortnight – Christina Lau

Christina Lau;  Christina Lau’s talk was interesting and influential throughout the entire talk. Having survived a closely fatal car accident whilst losing the movement of her body below her chest is extremely lucky, and Christina isn’t just letting luck decide what’s next. Painting is extremely difficult, and being honest I can’t even paint, yet Christina who has lost movement in her fingers is an exceptionally amazing painter, using her mouth to create her pieces. I think that it’s really inspiring that Christina isn’t just letting charities or others lay her life out for her, and instead is searching for new hobbies and skills, practicing them till they become perfect. After feeling like she was a burden to her family, she decided to take more control of her own life, and to rely less on others, which is almost the opposite of what other would do in her situation, yet her determination to be seen as another person again overtook her sadness and dependence on others. 

One thought on “Writer’s Fortnight – Christina Lau

1. This is really interesting, how you don’t summarise but only include the most important information about Christina that helps readers understand about her. I like the way you describe how she persevered even she is disabled, contrasting to normal people like you who cannot paint. I think the essence of the talk is about determination and perseverance, how she still continue forward and be independent.