Writer’s Fortnight – Danny Raven Tan

Danny Raven Tan; I think that Danny Raven Tan’s talk was extremely truthful and heartfelt, especially when he talked about his experiences with Pancreatic Cancer and his parents. It was noticeable how hard it was for him to talk about these things, but I feel that he wanted to share his story with us because it can really make a difference and impact our lives in a good way. Throughout his talk, I think that he was honest the entire time, and didn’t leave out any details to make his life seem the best, for example when he told us about his past jobs and how he couldn’t achieve his dream job as a designer for Versace, contrasting that to his success now proved to us that never giving up has benefits. About his success and failures, he mentioned God a lot, and how he felt that god always had a plan for him, even when things went bad. This really changed my view on religion, as after seeing how much God meant to him and how much he cherished ‘it’, proved to me that religion isn’t just beliefs, but brings hope and happiness to some. 

One thought on “Writer’s Fortnight – Danny Raven Tan

1. He seems indeed an inspiring person who really took the courage to present his life tragedies among a lot of people. I like how you analyse about what you think the main idea of the talk is. You also did a good job connecting to your own life and how he changed your views about religion.