What lockdown has taught me about the environment

Uncategorized
Can breaking OUR DAILY habits be good for planet earth?

Personally, I think that breaking our daily and staying at home everyday is great for the environment. In a way, it has given our planet time to ‘rest’. Everyday humans continue to exploit our planet, exhausting it of its resources that we use in our everyday lives. Since we aren’t travelling as much as we were before, air pollution levels have dropped drastically. Habitats started to heal just weeks into lockdown and all we have been doing is staying at home. This shows the severity of the impacts we have on our environment by just doing things we consider basic routines.

what has lockdown taught me about the environment?

Lockdown has made me realise how fragile our environment is. It gets exhausted from our daily actions and it never gets a break. Now that it has a break, it is restoring and healing itself. Lockdown has taught me to really appreciate the environment and nature because it is so valuable. Once it’s destroyed it’s almost impossible to get it back. After this lockdown I am never going to take nature and going out for granted again.