U19’s Pre Season Tennis

This year I was selected to play for the U19’s Pre Season team. As a part of the team, I attend training sessions both Monday and Friday every week. To me, making the preseason team was very important as it gave me the practice and confidence I need to make it on to the team during the season.

The training sessions are hard and the coaches push us to our limits every session, by leading a series of games, drills and point play. The games are used to improve our skills and technique in a fun way. Games usually include “king of the court” and “around the world”. We do drills in order to learn new skills or to improve skills we already know. Finally, we end off each session with point play, which allows us to apply our skills in a match-play situation. This also gives us more exposure to a matchplay situation.

The training sessions give me a chance to improve my game as a player as well as improving my fitness and match play. By being on a team, there is a feeling of inclusivity and my friendships improve with the people on the team. Furthermore, there is a sense of competition every session which is good and I believe it motivates me more. 

LEARNING OUTCOMES: 

LO4: The start of the tennis season was very tough and I was unable to find the rhythm I needed. Through hard work and determination, I was able to play better, leading my team to victory and moving us up to division 1.

LO1: I knew what I needed to work on and trained hard with my coach to get where I needed to go.

One comment

1. Adam Steele · November 8, 2018 at 12:06 am ·

Cool photo