CAS Reflection #1 Yoga with Minds

Recently I have started a new service called Yoga with minds, in this service we plan on doing yoga as physical therapy to help mentally disabled people in multiple different ways. My current knowledge of the mentally disabled is very low, especially how they live and what their situation is in Singapore specifically. For that reason, I chose to participate in this service as a gateway to learn about issues that I know so little about. I was also intrigued by the idea of doing yoga with them as I have heard from multiple people including my mom how useful yoga is for not only your physical wellbeing but also your mental wellbeing as it acts as mindfulness.

I hope to learn about what it means to be mentally disabled and what struggles come with that in their daily lives but also how it might be seen as an advantage to them in unexpected ways. I plan to learn how to approach them in an appropriate way and learn how to interact with them and possibly make friends with them. Though there may be difficulties with these because of COVID restrictions.