My UWCSEA Learning Journey

Ella Rokic

How Can We Help One Another During the Coronavirus Outbreak?

Which of the actions or recommendations described in the articles resonate with you most? Tell us how they could work in your community.

During times like these, it’s often hard to remember and think about the others who are at higher risk of being affected. With the insane amount of people losing their jobs and all the elderly and ill who can’t go outside at all in the danger of catching this threatening illness, it shows just how much we all need to help each other.

One of the recommendations in the article that resonated with me the most was to offer assistance to at high-risk neighbours, by offering to buy them groceries, pick up prescriptions or anything else. Being part of the low-risk group means that I have the opportunity to help others in need and to stop the spread of the virus.

It’s also a good opportunity to keep connected with people especially for the ones who have to stay inside. Just a simple chat can help your mental health and also get you out of bed. I think it’s important to still be engaged with people so that we all don’t go insane for the next month.

rokic58888@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg • April 9, 2020

Previous Post

Next Post