Culturama Final Reflection

LO1-Identifying strengths and develop areas for personal growth.

Culturama rehearsals grew in number as show day approached, which meant practices on the weekends and almost every day in the week of the performance. Formations underwent multiple changes and we received our costumes. As I have participated in activities of such nature in the past, the process was not unfamiliar to me, however, it posed as a chance for me to help others. My experience with Indian dances in the past enabled me to pick up some new steps at a faster pace. My involvement in this activity made me aware of my strengths, it has increased my love for dance and made me the realise the joyous nature of teamwork when we all helped each other out with makeup and jewellery.

I have also been able to identify areas for growth, this time I actively worked on my facial expressions to communicate to the audience my love for dance, which required me to step out of my bubble. The positive feedback I got from my friends and my harshest critic, my mom, made me realise that I had succeeded in doing so. Not to undermine the demanding process before performing itself, getting ready! I was also able to pick up some makeup skills, I will be working on them. Hopefully, I will be able to see improvement in future dances I participate to come! Dancing on stage in front of an engaging audience was spectacular.

Overall, this experience was beyond amazing. Needless to say, the hours of practice, most definitely paid off.

Posted in CAS