Extended Essay: Reflection 1

I chose to investigate the market structure of the market for domestic helpers because I have a personal connection to this particular market. I’ve always had a helper, so I thought it wouldn’t be interesting to see how the market works when it comes to firms who are selling a person’s skills.

I initially chose Katong Shopping Centre as my area of research. However, I reached a hurdle when I saw there weren’t enough firms to properly investigate, so had to change to Bukit Timah Shopping Centre.

Using the internet to find a list of the rating and demerit points of every firm also helped enhance my research. In the beginning I was focusing on the complexity of the EE rather than writing out theory upon research would be built. My reflective conversation helped to get me back on track. I decided to shift focus towards using theory to start my EE, and using that, create questions for primary research.

(160 words)

One Reply to “Extended Essay: Reflection 1”

1. uza@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg says: Reply

Hi Mallika,
    Thanks for posting your reflection.
    What are your plans for this week’s EE Writing Day? Do you have research to look into? Have you spoken with your supervisor about what your next steps should be? How do you plan to use your day productively?

In future, please place the word count of your reflection in brackets at the end of your paragraph.
    Do let me or your supervisor know if you have any questions.

Good luck!

Queen EE