Link

Through the compass points activity and presentation, I had the opportunity to explore my investigating and preparation skills. The process which I underwent in order to compose the presentation on the Economy compass point, consists of primary research through interaction and interviews, and secondary research through preparation of questions to be asked through the internet. Through the use of the secondary research I was able to interact with the stakeholders better. Throughout this process I collected relevant data, as well as analysed trends. This allowed for the easy integration of trends and graphs in the presentation. It was very important and comprehensive for acquiring relevant and viable data from the stakeholders because the final product must accurately address the issues that the stakeholders have while living in Bintan.

After this process, the content collected, involved collaboration with TIF and the group members in order to use time efficiently in the presentation. I think, my video was quite extended in terms of time, however we did go into considerable depth to address the major issues associated with the trends. In addition, two statistics which I integrated was of 80-85% of the Nikoi workers being locals and of 1 out of 10 Bintan Locals having a job in the tourism industry, despite the fact that Nikoi has an 80-85% majority of local employees. I think this process has been very crucial and groundbreaking for expanding our horizons of knowledge and understanding of Bintan culture and lifestyle. Within this, my group has decided to focus on the active living education.

Whilst presenting the compass perspectives, I had used multiple key phrases such as the employment rate of locals, and intensive subsistence farming. I think this presentation was successful for me in terms of getting involved with the trends making connections between our three trends, as the number of English speakers increase, the employment rate of locals in the Tourism industry will increase, and as that occurs jobs in the primary sector, such as fishing will decrease. Overall, my speaking skills and hand gestures were quite active as I tried to engage with the viewers.