Green Umbrella (GC) #1

I had joined Green Umbrella last year and really enjoyed helping the underprivileged children. That’s why I decided to continue it this year. As I was quite strong at Math, I was elected as the head of finance for the GC. This year will be a bit difficult due to recent changes in Singapore Law that limit the number of funds raised.

Last year, I had worked on the Readathon, so this year, I decided to try something new. I decided to become a part of the Youth Workshops community, which will help the students in the school learn some important communication, management and other skills, which would hopefully reduce their dependence on others.

We have begun the planning stage and started setting goals, targets and indicators for success. In the coming weeks, we will start to execute the plans we have devised. The main plan will be implemented during the project week when we are visiting the GC.

Learning Outcomes Demonstrated:

• Learning outcome 1: Identify own strengths and develop areas for growth
  • Learning outcome 6: Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance
  • Learning outcome 7: Recognise and consider the ethics of choices and actions