Creativity- Pottery- Reflection #3

One of the things I ended up making was a hexagon tile, however I was unable to find it. The other tile that I made broke in half and I had to find some other ways to overcome this challenge, this allows me to reflect on LO2- undertaking new challenges and developing new skills. It was important to look for different ways to overcome the challenges to make sure I could continue onwards with the project. In this case, I had to think of different ways to still use the tile even though it was broken. After discussing with my peers and communicating with the lead teachers, we decided it would be best to fire both of the pieces separately and then go over the cracks with gold leaf separately. However when it was fired for the second time, it broke into further smaller pieces, and therefore I did not have a picture of it. Although I wasn’t able to achieve the end product, I was able to learn quite a bit from the process both practically and in terms of what to do next time I encountered these sorts of challenges, It also allowed me to take some initiative and critically think/think of solutions outside of the box. Next time I did a project, I was able to ensure that I didn’t repeat the same mistakes and make sure that I was successful.

#LO2