Select Page

Maths and Me 

My maths experience has been taking standard level math in IGCSE and taking the IGCSE exam later in grade 10 in my old school (OFS). Before IGCSE math I strongly disliked math however while I started studying for the exam I started to get much better at math and I started to genuinely enjoy math. I am excited to start this course and to broaden my knowledge on mathematics. I prefer when concepts that I may not grasp easily be taught to me more in depth, and I definitely learn much better when concepts are explained to me however concepts that I understand or start to understand better; I’m capable of studying and learning them on my own. When I get stuck on a question while doing an exercise in class/ homework, I like to keep at that question until I understand or use my computer and search up tutorial as a last resort. However when I get stuck on a question on a test or exam I like to continue doing the other questions and then come back to that question at the end. Usually I’ve been quite successful using these methods. The skills I have in math are critical thinking, inquiring, communicating and problem solving. Some of the skills I definitely need to work on are persistence because I tend to get a bit impatient and frustrated when the answer doesn’t come to me quickly. I also want to work on being independent, organised and creative.