Kahaani Update

LO3 INITIATIVE Planning & initiating activities
LO 5 COLLABORATION Working together to achieve an outcome

Kahaani has taught me how to collaborate with my partner. What has made is easy to work with is the fact that we are already very close friends – we think the same way and hardly disagree when it comes to making decisions. We did face a few challenges when working together – as trying to control 18 teenagers can be quite overwhelming, we often split everyone up and taught our own half the dance – this, however, meant that sometimes there was a certain disconnect between each half as we both knew the dance a slightly different way. Our dance could not exist if we weren’t able to collaborate effectively one another, so collaboration is definitely one of the most important skills I have had to improve.

We are well into rehearsals at this point, which means we have taught all the dances and are now working on formations. While we had a rough idea of what we wanted to do at the initial stage of our planning, we had to change all of it due to COVID restrictions. There is a maximum limit of the number of dancers that can be on stage at the same time, and no dancers can be within a metre of each other at any time. Because of these rules, we have had to change and revise our formations countless times based on whether we accidentally breached the rules and feedback from the GC.

deciding partners:

first formations:

feedback:

second formations:

second feedback:

With further guidance from the GC, we were finally able to create formations that were fully socially distanced. I learned about the extensive work that must go into creating a socially distanced dance, as we must think about not only stationary formations, but transitory ones too.