PSE EOY Reflection

Name three key skills or understandings you gained this year from the PSE course this year?

I was able to gain a better understanding of the topic of mental health and being and how to help people when they are in need. I can also use this to help myself if I ever need to. Another skill that I learned was the idea of phased studying in order to better retain pieces of information for longer periods of time. Finally, I learnt more about the bystander effect and the true consequences of such actions as prior to this I wasn’t as aware of how one should act.

What key skills or understandings do you most want to take forward into grade 12?

Again, the micro-unit on studying skills is something that I think is very important going into grade 12, as with a greater workload there is a necessity for better ways to study. Additionally as we grow older I find it necessary to educate myself more about the ideas surround tolerance, inclusion, respect and what I learnt this year was a good start to gain the basic knowledge.

Beyond academics- what are some of your goals for grade 12?

Something for grade 12 that I want to do better is: get more sleep and manage my time better. I think these two are by far the areas that I need to develop the most, as while I am writing this at 2:15 in the afternoon, I already feel the need to sleep. Therefore, if I am able to get these two huge skills down everything else will fall into place

Posted in PSE