Reflection: MUN

As an enthusiast of current affairs and an avid debater, I very much appreciate MUN and the many memories it has given me these last five years. This year in MUN I am also taking more of a leadership role and I am looking to increase my knowledge and possibly going into training. I do recognize that due to COVID many conferences will be happening virtually and this will certainly be much harder to conduct and participate in, but I am confident that I can still be a very active debater and come to interesting conclusions with my fellow delegates.

My main objective in MUN this year is to go more into training. I have always had an interest in training, but I always felt that it was too much responsibility to train and teach an entire classroom worth of students. However, as I have become more confident I feel that I am more ready to give thoughtful advice to more inexperienced delegates, which I feel will not only help them but will allow me to refresh and reflect on my own methods to approaching MUN. Through training, I feel I will be able to better understand my own strengths, weaknesses and better understand the approaches to being a good debater.