Football U19A (final reflection)

I feel that after 2 years of not being able to play competitive football against other schools, this year has been successful.

We came third in BISP, a tournament consisting of 16 international schools held in Phuket, and second in SEASAC, a tournament consisting of 8 schools in the Southeast Asia region

Other than that, I feel that I was able to massively improve as a footballer. My. biggest growth this year has been my decision making skill. Previously, I feel that I panicked a lot under pressure, but this year, I’ve been able to stay calm and make better decisions on the field, such as passing the ball instead of clearing it. I also feel that I was able to proactively contribute to offensive plays, something that I aimed to work on at the beginning of the season.

I showed commitment toward football by attending training sessions regularly, including morning sessions leading up to the BISP tournament and during the regular season. This was difficult as I had to balance my schedule between sleep, work and training. My commitment was also shown during the BISP tournament, having to play many games even while sustaining a fractured wrist.

As this was my last year playing football as a dragon, this was a very bitter sweet season. Although we weren’t able to come first in any tournaments, what the whole team was aiming towards, we were still able to produce amazing team performances and podium finishes. I was also able to play football with teammates I have played with for years, something I am extremely grateful for.

LO1 – Identify your own strengths and develop areas for personal growth.

LO4 – Show commitment to and perseverance in CAS experiences.