Michael's Portfolio

The Story of My Learning Starts Here

Green Gecko Global Concern

In grade 9, it was my 3rd year in the Green Gecko GC. After going on the Service trip in grade 7, I fell in love with the GC. I went on this service trip twice, another time in grade 8. Being able to play with the kids in Siem Reap at the Green Gecko facility, nurturing them, teaching them, learning with them, it really made me realise how fortunate I am to be going to this school and to have all these valuable things I poses like a proper home, food, water, technology and great friends.

Knowing that I am a pretty experienced member, I aimed for a pretty high position in the GC. The 1st year I was just a regular member, the 2nd year I was a liaison and the 3rd year I wanted to become either the vice chair or chair as I thought I could use my experience in the GC and expertise from past experiences to drive the GC into a very motivated, passionate and fulfilling one. We had to pitch our reasons why we should be chosen in front of the whole GC and ever since I was young, I was never a very courageous presenter, but through the years, I gained a lot of confidence and managed to present my pitch well enough to get the Vice Chair role.

I was extremely thrilled and ecstatic as now I could finally show the leadership skills I have been honing the past years and allow this GC to maximise its potential.

Next Post

Previous Post