Football U19 B Team (Initial Thoughts)

LO2- Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process .

Football has always been apart of my life since young. Last year I was in the U16 B team, and now, I made it into the U19 B team. During tryouts, I definitely felt I proved myself worthy of being part of the team.

From the first training, it was challenging for me. The intensity the Chelsea Coaches put us through wasn’t easy. Stamina was never one of my strengths, and going through intense drills really pushed me. However, as we had more trainings, I got used to the intensity and I wasn’t struggling as much. Our coach made the different drills and tasks simple and straightforward. He made us play mini matches as well to get used playing with one another and improve our stamina, which would prove helpful for our real matches. I was finding it extremely enjoyable and helpful in my development. Unfortunately, right after the fourth training, I damaged my articular cartilage in my knee, so I’m out from running sports like football for a few years. Even though my time with this activity was shortlived, I really appreciate the support from my coach and teammates. From this injury, it has started my progress of rehabilitation..