Collaboration and running

Lockdown, at home, me and my mom.

We’ve been exercising together before I left to UWC, but we ‘only’ did aerobics together.

Now, it is different. Since outdoor exercising is allowed, and we live at a very nature-close place, we decided to RUN together.

She has history with competitive orienteering from her teenage years, and I’m a re-beginner. We are at different levels, but we decide to go together, to motivate, accompany, support each other. The process is, let’s say, interesting… We try to run side-by-side, but it’s just not working. Our speed, capacity is different. So we try to go one ofter the other. This, however frustrates both of us, when it is our turn to go ahead.

At the end, we got to an agreement. My mom goes first, I wait until she passes the half of the first laps, and I start. This way, we meet during each lap, but most of the times we go towards each other. We high-five when we meet, and talk a few words, but besides, everyone has their own pace.

We work together, collaborate and support each other, but we, at the same time go our own ways. Like a perfect harmony.