Gym CAS reflections FINAL

Reflection 1 – Wow ! Who thought that me, Rohan Vora, would start going to the gym regularly, start looking healthier and develop a deeper understanding of exercise and working out. Gyming with Sul every Monday, has transfigures into something of routine as I go to the gym at least thrice a week at school and here, at home, I exercise about 4 times a week. I have achieved LO2, increasing my expertise in the field of health and physical education as well as LO4, engaging with CAS activities regularly.

I also feel that through this activity, I have also felt more confident. Exercising allows one to feel better about himself/herself while also increasing ones mental capacity. It has also improved my mental health to a great extent as after the gym, I tend to focus on my work and assignments much more than before. I have also become more disciplined, before UWCSEA, I used to munch on at least two wafer packets a week and junk, fried food called samosas, however, now, I eat more vegan food and have started drinking organic protein shakes. This CAS activity has allowed me to grow as n individual and truly identify the significance of physical as well as mental health.

Reflection 2 – Throughout the eleventh and twelfth grade up to now, gym has been a salient member of my life. I have  built up my resilience and strength, while also improving my mental health greatly. I started with 5 KG dumbbells, and worked my way up now to 12.5 KG. In this process, I have fallen and bruised myself, however, I understood the necessity to persevere and remove all obstacles. I also understood why working out is important, apart from the primary health reasons. After a workout, I can focus more on schoolwork, and my concentration level increases to a large extent. Other than this, I have also started eating healthier food, and started an intake of protein. This has bettered my digestion. The creation of a schedule and regular ‘rhthym’ of a workout, has helped me in becoming more discipline. Coming from a family of athletes, workout was always considered important, but now it is necessary. This helped me achieve LO4, as I have been hardworking and perseverent when it comes to this activity.

Reflection 3 – I have met LO2 and LO4 of my Gym activity, as I have regularly gone to the gym, and have challenged myself physically and mentally in several aspects. I have now become more inclined towards going to the gym, and have been at a regimented routine since the past couple of months. I have gone to the gym, come back and gone for dinner. This has taught me how to effectively manage my time, and made me more productive. In the aspect of gaming itself, the usage of various equipments for legs, arms, or chest have helped me mould my body into something physically fitter. Additionally, I feel that I have attained LO5, as I have gone to the gym with friends in groups, and they pushed me, as well as helped me manage certain gym equipment. Through gaming in groups, collaboration as well as playful competitiveness increases.