Medium Reflections FINAL

Link to medium blog – https://medium.com/@vorarohan007/politicians-are-the-greatest-con-artists-fa6459f1f53e

Reflection 1

Reflection 2

Reflection 3

Reflection 4

Today, while writing my blog on Biden’s inauguration, I stumbled on some issues. I was unable to effectively analyse his inauguration, as I was so lost in emotions. The poem recited, Bruce Springsteen singing patriotic middle class-esque songs, and the entire aura of patriotism after 4 years of a Trump presidency inundated me as I watched it on YouTube. I understood that it is challenging being a political journalist, as emotions keep one closer to the subject, and if you’re close to the subject how can you effectively analyse it? There’s bound to be a prejudiced perspective. In order to negate this, I took some time and exercised after watching the inauguration, successfully distracting myself, and then I went back into writing my article. I find this method works well for me, taking some time off, always help augment focus later. This helped me achieve LO2, where I tackled challenges effectively.