LO2 : Training Camp with Romanian National Team.

Over the winter break of this senior year, I decided to take a large risk, challenging myself to undertake the experience of professional athlete life by attending a 3-week training camp with European Pro-League players, trained by Igor Giorgev, a renowned Macedonian coach.

These weeks were, without a doubt, the toughest of my life. Training for six to seven hours a day, in the heart of Bucharest, without my family of friends, was an extreme challenge. From finding out where the closest meal places were, to being pushed by older, more experienced plays, everything was new. It was something I had never done before, and it strongly pushed me out of my comfort zone, in a city I was completely unfamiliar with. 

I overtook these challenges simply by learning to become flexible and adaptable, one of the biggest assets any aspiring student-athlete can have, and by resisting the intensity of the training by searching out recovery programmes in my area. Ultimately, I set myself up for even greater challenges in the future, and I now look forward to similar experiences.