Reflection

My decision on the project theme was entirely based on a whim.  I have a problematic trait of wishing to pursue everything I find interesting, which usually results in half formulated plans and ideas that are not finished due to time constraints.  My final project question is “How to manipulate electromagnetic waves to render objects invisible?”  I have always been fascinated with pushing the limits of a human being and unlocking our full potential, whether they be mind-reading, telepathy, defying gravity or invisibility.  After some research, I was ecstatic to find that invisibility may not be as far fetched as one would have thought.

My initial approach is to read past research papers and experiments dealing with the subject of invisibility and collating those data into a report in which I could either 1) think of a better method for invisibility and create a final product or 2) compare past methods tested leading to a conclusion of the best method.  This approach may change should there be unencountered problems such as my inability to carry out experiments due to obvious limitations.

I will demonstrate creativity and innovation through experimenting and combining all the research I find into a new idea as I believe that full invisibility is not impossible, it has not been fruitful merely because few dismal researches have been dedicated to this field.  The possibilities of this technology would thus be endless, from invisible clothings to acrylics to houses to spaceships.

My next step would be to continue with my research and understanding of how electromagnetic waves react with objects to make them visible and then using this knowledge to work against it.  There are many hurdles such as the aforementioned lack of research done in this field and the lack of resources at my disposal to carry out fruitful experiments.  However, I will think of creative solutions to all of the problems in order to lead a successful project.

Be First to Comment