Smiles of China Milk Tea Selling Event

On the 14th of February, my GC Smiles of China launched the first food selling event for a GC in my school’s history. My GC — Smiles of China aims to help the abandoned children with disabilities in China to have a normal childhood and get back to society. Since the lack of constructive ideas on organization orientated GC product, we decided to have self-made milk tea as our GC product as it has a large potential in a school as students love milk tea a lot.

I took part in making the milk tea beforehand. Although there are online resources available for good tasting milk tea, we still think finding a taste that suits our student population is very important. We started by putting tea bags into boiling water which will produce the tea base for our milk tea; then, we put in condensed milk to it to play the role of both sugar and milk. The amount of tea bags and condensed milk to put in was estimated by experienced students that took part in the previous testing that we did. A few times of adjustment to the flavor was made to ensure the taste largely simulate the traditional Hong Kong milk tea. The outcome product was definitely out of our expectation.

In this event, I played the role of preparing the utilities to set up the kitchen including asking for permission and set up the boarding house kitchen which usually only boarders are allowed to use. And also act as a helping hand in the main making process. I think in terms of the role I had in the event, I should become more proactive in events like this to increase the time efficiency of the event as the making process took a lot longer than we expected.

The internal reflection of Smiles of China is also written by me. In that article, there is more information about group reflection and the whole story of the selling event. The link is: http://portfolios.uwcsea.edu.sg/smilesofchina/2020/02/18/first-milk-tea-selling-event/

Published inIGCSEServices

Be First to Comment