Select Page

How my project was successful/not successful? – e.g. What went well and what didn’t?

What have I learned through this whole process? – science and personal skills?

What impact might the results of my project have on other people/the wider world? 

What I would have done to improve my work?

What I’d do to develop the project in the future?

I think that what went well in my project is that the final presentation achieved very close to what I was expected for in the initial plan. I was planning to make my project understandable and educational, which means the way I present my final project should not be that complex and redundant. I tried to paraphrase the new concepts in my own words and to simplify the theories to my audience but understand the main concept. What feels a little bit regretful is that did not have a more comprehensive discussion result to my research question. I took most of the time to do the research, but not enough time to develop my idea. There also needs more evidence to support the perspective that I am agreed about, so the argument would be much clearer and understandable.

This science project has made me learn more know science knowledge and as well as improve my personal skills, which can be beneficial for my learning in the future. I learned a lot of basic theories, experiments, and concepts in the area of quantum physics which I found out that quite interested me. I might not have the chance to learn quantum physics during high school time or even in university, so I would like to take this time as an opportunity to have a preliminary understanding of quantum physics. Since I finished my project in the form of a website, I have learned some computer technology skills, for example, how to build and design a website. I can use these skills in other projects for next time as well.

The result of my project may be a little bit towards personal interest, however, I believe that it can also help my audience to have a simple understanding of quantum physics and its applications. Quantum computing has developed a lot in recent years, and it comes to more and more common in our daily life no longer in the future. The final project may also work like spreading some general background knowledge of quantum mechanics to people. The little understanding of what is quantum physics may help people to be able to recognize and know about quantum computing.

Looking back to my project, I would have developed my own strong opinion on the research question. In the future, I would like to improve my time management skill so that I can better organize the time spending on each part of the project. I have spent lots of my time researching quantum physics and some of its concepts and theories, which I found out later on that it was a little bit waste of time. To avoid doing research that may too deep and useless to the research question, I should have done a list that lists out the points that I can use to my research question, then the deeper study on each one of them will be necessary.