Select Page

Lo2-Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.

There isn’t any specific challenging problem I have faced in this activity, but for each session, we had a challenging activity that needs to be solved from a particular field of engineering, which was a way to improve solving skills and creative thinking. I found some small difficulties during the progress of those challenges. For example, during the challenge of designing a new school library, it was quite difficult to design a library with a group of designers. This was because everyone had an idea for a design but to persuade others to agree with one’s own ideas was quite challenging and skills needed, and it was a good opportunity to practice persuasive speaking skills, which is also a very helpful skill to apply in other areas of study in the future. The compromise was also significant in a collaborative project. I learned a lot of soft skills during the activity, which engineering does not always require knowledge from the textbook but also collaboration, judgment, and determination. Those skills were less easy to develop than other skills because, in my opinion, they require different situations or opportunities to apply and flexible uses. For the next season, I hope I can have more interesting challenges to learn about different areas of engineering and as well as to apply many different hard and soft skills such as leadership and flexibility.

Designing a new school library

Parachute for egg landing

Python programming