Select Page

LO2- Demonstrate that challenges have been undertaken, developing new skills in the process.

LO4-Show commitment and perseverance in CAS experiences.

We have been focusing on designing a racing car during the last few weeks of the Engineering for Girls. It was the first experience that I have ever had to make a wooden project so I tried a lot of new machines to make my racing car. We started to make a model by using foam to check the feasibility of design. One challenge I have faced in my design was that to convey my idea on to the actual graphic design. And clearly I failed to do so as my final project is completely different from my original idea. One possible reason was that my idea may not work since the foam model was not that successful. I tried to design the car into a bullet shaped head because it is the shape that can decrease the air resistance. However, it was hard to make in whether in foam or wood model. So I changed the head into the typical car shape. Since the head has been changed, I therefore had to make the car body into a less air resistance shape to balance out its function.

I think I have done a good job for maintain my motivation with the activity. Firstly, I am personally very interested in engineering so I did not need to spend energy to get myself being interested for the lessons. I found it was very relaxed and enjoyable to have Engineering for Girls to balance out my busy IB life, which it has became the main reason for me to be persevering in this activity.