During the first term at Ladakh GC, we have been focusing on developing efficient systems and infrastructure in order to plan our action for the rest of the year. This has also helped to consolidate our bonds as a team. We have successfully divided responsibility amongst two main branches of our GC – Enterprise and Communications – and each group has brainstormed and engaged with our goals, mission, aim and issue in order to develop structures for meaningful implementation. 

As Co-Chair, one of the challenges I’ve faced has been establishing convenient and manageable channels of communication within and outside of the GC. I feel that the pace at which events move is heavily dependent on the strength of communication between individuals either in the GC or as part of the wider service department at UWCSEA. In order to overcome this challenge, I’ve realised that using follow up emails and scheduling calendar invites for meetings have become essential methods and skills that foster effective communication. However, these channels require time, commitment and patience to maintain, and therefore I think that a further long-term goal will be to nurture the relationships between members in the GC, between our GC and our school, and most importantly, between our GC and Lamdon School NGO. 

Therefore, in the future, one of our most pressing aims is to call or receive some form of communication from Lamdon School NGO. If it is possible, our GC would also be thrilled to meet the students of Lamdon School over call, not only to further develop the partnership between our GC and Lamdon School, but also to share our respective experiences especially within the context of the current world pandemic. We possess great curiosity as to the lives and culture of Lamdon School students, and a stronger personal connection to the students of Lamdon School may also encourage and motivate us in our action over the next year.

To conclude, I would like to express how excited I am for the action we will take over the next few terms, and congratulate my fellow members on a successful, collaborative and productive first term!