The final: CREST Reflection

My CREST experience has been a bit of a wild one, from lessons full of procrastination to hyper energy presentations fueled by passion. This for sure has been unique and strange, as we would have never done anything of this sort if it were not for the COVID-19 pandemic, which cancelled our IGCSE final exams and extended the school year by 2 months.

How my project was successful/not successful?

I will say my project was mostly a success, as I was able to talk about the topic I was interested in (aviation and technology) freely and openly, which allowed me to be more creative with the process. My research/planning doc was very well organized, and it was aesthetically pleasing to see all the research laid out in a nice list format, which also did (sort of) help me with the structure of my podcast.

One thing which I felt did not help me and was a slight hindrance was how chunky the information was in the planning doc. It was hard to read while recording, meaning I did miss some points which I was trying to make, and my podcast may have had moments of me rambling on something which might not have been useful.

What have I learned through this whole process?

Apart from my researching and presentation skills, I was able to learn about how technology in aviation has had a very powerful impact on the world, allowing for the interconnected world we live in today.

What impact might the results of my project have on other people/the wider world?

The results of my project show how much convenience and safety have increased in the aviation space, with pilots being able to fly for hours and hours without a single accident ever occurring. Showing these results may incentivise nervous flyers to give flying a shot, as flying has become significantly safer than what it was 50 years ago.

What I would have done to improve my work?

I would have made a separate doc to make the podcast easier to record, as in having the major points highlighted, not having a big chunk of useless words covering what I needed to say in my podcast

What I’d do to develop the project in the future?

I might focus on less than 6 topics, but go even more in depth, because having only two minutes to talk about a topic does not give me enough time to go into depth as to what it is, why it was made, the impact on the aviation industry and the world as a whole.

One thought on “The final: CREST Reflection

1. Ms. Tessa says:

Hi Daniel,
    Thank you for taking the time to reflect so carefully on your CREST project outcome and process. I can see that you really thought through many aspects of how this all went down! I am so pleased that you were able to pursue an area of intense interest, and that you were able to share that passion so enthusiastically with us. It was such a pleasure to take part in this capacity alongside you! I am confident that this experience has helped to further prepare you for IB and I cannot wait to see what great things the future will hold for you! All the best <3