Dragons Sports Leader (final reflection)

I felt that being a leader to students in the younger grade was extremely educational for me in learning to be a better leader, as well as learning how to control over-energized kids.

I was able to work and communicate well with other leaders and the coaches. This was expected as I already personally knew the coaches and leaders from before the activity and could work well with them. I felt that this experience helped me understand the perspective of the coaches better, as well as bond and build even better report with them.

I felt that though I wasn’t able to necessarily teach new tricks or make the session extremely educational, I was able to make the sessions enjoyable and engaging for the students. This was done through communicating with them and finding out what they do or do not enjoy, especially since students in the younger grades are brutally honest with feedbacks. I was also able to interact and have a good time with the students further making the sport of football more fun for them.

Finally, I felt that I was able to engage with LO7 well. I feel this way as there were moments where I had to step in as a leader to encourage students to do the right thing while considering ethics. There were a few instances where a student was injured or felt unwell, and as a leader, I had to act appropriately and correctly to situations. There were also many instances of conflict or arguments. However in cases like these, I understood that conflict resolution can be an opportunity for learning, so I didn’t just resolve the conflict but allowed them time to think about what they should do next time to avoid conflicts.

I felt satisfied as I was able to have a fun time as well, while helping the students play football. The experience was also extremely rewarding as a leader as I had never worked with students from primary school, and this experience helped me understand how students in younger grades act.

LO5-Demonstrate the skills and recognize the benefits of working collaboratively.

LO6-Demonstrate engagement with issues of global significance.

LO7-Recognize and consider the ethics of choices and actions.