Commitments and Personal Growth – Badminton

In the past 2 seasons, I have been doing badminton as a sport in school. During those two seasons, I have shown a reasonable commitment towards the sports as I haven’t missed a session without a concrete reason such as exam weeks even if it was exam preparation week. Although it sounds like an easy task to complete, the pressure of studying and sometimes just laziness can really catch up with me before when I was doing badminton in grades 9 and 10. However, through playing together with my close friends this year compared to not knowing a lot of people in badminton in the previous years, I managed to go to as many sessions as I can.

On the other hand, the presence of my friends this year in the badminton program also made me want to hang out with them more. In fact, I couldn’t focus enough on improving my skills and push myself to compete with better players because I want to play with my friends in my comfort zone. This had resulted in my skills not really improving a lot despite playing a lot.

In general, doing badminton in the past 2 seasons has yielded me some great success in terms of commitment in the sport yet struggling on actually improving my skills in badminton due to external factors.

Published inActivityCASIB

One Comment

1. David Kann

I like how you are so able to recognise the strengths and weaknesses of your approach to Badmittion. I especially like how you recognise that the other players are sometimes friends frist and teammates second.