The Five Most Beautiful Words

When someone asks the question, “What would you consider to be the 5 most beautiful words?”, how does one respond? Would you go the classic route and say words along the lines of “Mother” and “Love”? Or would you go for the more poetic route and say words like “Aura” and “Ephemeral”? Words are complex things that can be manipulated depending on the effect of the sentence or even the person using them, so how do we decide the most beautiful words?

I think we can never have, universally, five of the most beautiful words because different people see beauty in different ways. Some see beautiful words as ones full of grandeur while others see beauty in simplicity. I personally believe that it should be a mix of both as both types of words are beautiful in their own way. Having a mix of poetic and classic words just means that you believe in the simple things in life, but appreciate the beauty of extravagant things as well.

2 Comments on The Five Most Beautiful Words

1. marri75517@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg
    September 6, 2018 at 12:24 am (6 years ago)

Hey Anoushka, After reading your post, I agree with you that there is no such thing as “the most beautiful words”, this post reminds me of something we did last year during the poetry unit in English, as poetry can mean a lot of different things to different people.

Reply
  2. hong80940@gapps.uwcsea.edu.sg
    September 6, 2018 at 12:30 am (6 years ago)

After reading your post, these are other questions I’d like to get your opinion on, and they are what is the five most beautiful word to you?.
    As you said it might be the combination of grandeur and simplicity, I wanted to know what is the five most beautiful word to you.

Reply